Having fake friends in your circle can be hard to figure out at first, but over time you’ll start to realize who they are.
Whether it’s their selfishness or lack of sincerity, dealing with these kinds of people can really drain you of your energy.
That’s why we’ve gathered the best fake friends quotes for you to reflect on and think about.
It’s important not only to recognize these people in your life but also to learn how to distance yourself from them.
Today’s post highlights everything from wise words about being cautious with who you trust, to funny sayings about phony relationships.
May these bad friend quotes provide you with guidance and encouragement as you expand or decrease your circle.
Fake friends quotes to help keep your circle tight
1. “Fake friends believe in rumors. Real friends believe in you.” – Yolanda Hadid
2. “A false friend and a shadow attend only while the sun shines.” – Benjamin Franklin
3. “Real friends celebrate your wins. Fake friends downgrade them.” – Dan Go
4. “Friendship is delicate as a glass, once broken it can be fixed but there will always be cracks.” – Waqar Ahmed
5. “Someone who smiles too much with you can sometime frown too much with you at your back.” – Michael Bassey Johnson
6. “Friends ask you questions; enemies question you.” – Criss Jami
7. “Fake friends; those who only drill holes under your boat to get it leaking; those who discredit your ambitions and those who pretend they love you, but behind their backs they know they are in to destroy your legacies.” – Israelmore Ayivor
8. “Being too nice is a crime today. Fake friends are everywhere around you. They will use you and when you are of no use, throw you away like a wrapper.” – Shizra
9. “Life is all about losing friends, the people you know. So, just that you get better at finding the ones worth suffering for.” – Mohair Kaushik
10. “Whatever you do in life, make it matter. Along the way, you will discover that not everyone is on your side. Some may clap, but on the low, they are praying you fail.” – Carlos Wallace
Betrayal quotes about fake friends
11. “It is easier to forgive an enemy than to forgive a friend.” – William Blake
12. “It’s hard to tell who has your back, from who has it long enough just to stab you in it.” – Nicole Richie
13. “A frenemy can be more destructive than an enemy.” – Angel Moreira
14. “I’m mature enough to forgive you, but I’m not dumb enough to trust you again.” – Unknown
Discover unique products that inspire at the
InspiredLife ShopWear Your Motivation. Inspire Your Space.
15. “Some people are willing to betray years of friendship just to get a little bit of the spotlight.” – Lauren Conrad
16. “Trust is earned, respect is given and loyalty is demonstrated. Betrayal of any one of those is to lose all three.” – Ziad Abdelnour
17. “False friends are like our shadow, keeping close to us while we walk in the sunshine, but leaving us the instant we cross into the shade.” – Christian Nestle Bovee
18. “It makes no sense to try to extend a friendship that was only meant to be a season into a lifetime.” – Mandy Hale
19. “Controllers, abusers, and manipulative people don’t question themselves. They don’t ask themselves if the problem is them… they always say the problem is someone else.” – Darlene Quimet
20. “Fake friends are like shadows: always near you at your brightest moments, but nowhere to be seen at your darkest hour.” – Habeeb Akande
21. “You will never have to question the intentions or integrity of people who have your best interest at heart.” – Germany Kent
22. “I don’t think I have lost a friend; I believe I have been alone all these times.” – Unknown
Funny fake friends quotes
23. “Dear fake friends; first of all you should know that I am typing this with my middle finger!” – InspiredLifeHQ
24. “It’s okay if you don’t like me. Not everyone has good taste.” – Unknown
25. “The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you’ve got it made.” – Groucho Mark
26. “I hate two-faced people. It’s so hard to decide which face to slap first.” – Yong Junhyung
27. “True friends are like diamonds, precious but rare. Fake friends are like fall leaves, found everywhere.” – Unknown
28. “Crocodiles are easy. They try to kill and eat you. People are harder. They pretend to be your friend first.” – Steve Irwin
29. “Fake people are like soap bubbles, they pop out when the sun shines brightly.” – Chiranjude Bird
30. “Friends are like boobs. Some are real. Some are fake.” – Unknown
Discover unique products that inspire at the
InspiredLife ShopWear Your Motivation. Inspire Your Space.
Fake friend quotes to help you recognize the real ones
31. “It is necessary and even vital to set standards for your life and the people you allow in it.” – Mandy Hale
32. “No person is your friend who demands your silence, or denies your right to grow.” – Alice Walker
33. “Letting go of toxic people in your life is a big step in loving yourself.” – Hussein Nishah
34. “A true friend never gets in your way unless you happen to be going down.” – Arnold H. Glasow
35. “A fake friend loves to see that you are doing well, but not better than them.” – London Mond
36. “One of the main roles of our financial problems is to weeks out our fake friends.” – Mokokoma Mokhonoana
37. “A fake friend indeed is a friend only in his need.” – P.S. Jagadeesh Kumar
38. “If they talk about other people with you, they will take about you with other people.” – Carlos Wallace
39. “Tell people how it is, be real and be honest. If you see something wrong make sure you speak up. Being this way will naturally eliminate the snakes and fakes.” – John Maiorana
Savage fake friends quotes
40. “Fake people are like costume jewelry; they look great for a while, then all of a sudden, their true selves ‘shine’ through.” – Nitya Prakash
41. “Being betrayed is one of the most valuable lessons life can teach.” – Shania Twain
42. “Scientists say the universe is made up of protons, neutrons and electrons. They forgot to mention morons.” – Unknown
43. “I will not allow anyone to walk in my mind with dirty feet.” – Gandhi
44. “You can’t do epic shit with basic people.” – Unknown
Sad but true two-faced fake friends quotes
45. “The worst part of success is trying to find someone who is happy for you.” – Bette Midler
46. “When you have everything in life, you have friends. When you have nothing, you have true friends.” – Oscar Bimpong
47. “True friends are always there for you. Fake friends only appear when they want something from you.” – Unknown
48. “Sometimes it’s not the people who change, it’s the mask that falls off.” – Unknown
49. “Fake people have an image to maintain. Real people just don’t care.” – Hachiman Hikigaya
50. “I’ve got more respect for someone who comes out and says they don’t like me than for the ones who act like they do but talk bad about me when I’m not around.” – Mitchell Perry
51. “Having fake friends is like hugging cactus. The tighter you hug, the more pain you get.” – Rita Prasetyaningsih
52. “Being fake is so common now that being real is seen as offensive.” – Chris Ruden
53. “Never take anything for granted. Your best friends might just be your enemies.” – Sara Shepard
Selfish bad friends quotes
54. “If they can’t apologize and admit they’re wrong, they will do it again.” – Christina J. Daniels
55. “You shouldn’t be always available for someone who doesn’t even ask how you are doing.” – Rjysh
56. “Over a small misunderstanding, God will expose how people really feel about you.” – Gugu Mofokeng
57. “Some people will only ‘love you’ as much as they can use you. Their loyalty ends where the benefits stops.” – Unknown
58. “Selfishness is the greatest curse of the human race.” – Williams E. Gladstone
59. “A true friend will not treat you like a doormat.” – Unknown
60. “Stick with the people who pull the magic out of you. Not the madness.” – Unknown
61. “An insincere friend is more to be feared than a wild beast; a wild beast may wound your body, but an evil friend will wound your mind.” – Buddha
62. “Selfish friends don’t encourage you or compliment you and most give negative feedback.” – Unknown
Jealousy quotes about fake friends and moving on
63. “People only throw shade on what’s shining.” – Genereux Philip
64. “Friends are never jealous for your success, they are only jealous of success not shared with them.” – Unknown
65. “You can’t be friends with someone who wants your life.” – Oprah Winfrey
66. “Remember: people only rain on your parade because they’re jealous of your sun and tired of their shade.” – Unknown
67. “The jealous are troublesome to others, but a torment to themselves.” – William Penn
68. “If your friends are jealous of your success, they are not your friends.” – Sam Gilbert
69. “Love looks through a telescope; envy through a microscope.” – Josh Billings
70. “Jealousy is the result of one’s lack of self-confidence, self-worth and self acceptance.” – Sasha Azevedo
71. “Friends don’t get jealous of each other or begrudge the other for finding success. They celebrate every victory together.” – Karen Kingsbury
72. “A flower never thinks of competing with the flower next to it. It just blooms.” – Unknown
73. “Chances are that when someone is hating on you, it’s not about you at all. It’s about them.. It’s their fear, their jealousy, their boredom and their insecurity.” – Unknown
Fake friends come in many forms. While some may be interested in using you for their personal gain, others may simply be jealous of your success or need to bring you down to make themselves feel better.
Whatever the reason, it’s important to remember that true friendship comes from mutual respect and support.
These fake friends quotes can serve as a reminder of what it means to have real relationships with people who genuinely care about you.
They remind us that we should look out for ourselves and the people around us in order to build strong connections that last through any challenges in life.
You can use these quotes as a guidepost on your journey toward finding healthy friendships that are built on trust and love.
Have a favorite fake friends quote in this post? Let me know in the comments below.
Helping people and eating tacos are my jam! This blog exists to help provide tips and resources that can help you achieve your goals and live a better life. Whether you’re looking for tips on personal growth, fitness, advice on starting a side hustle, or resources for working remotely, I’ve got you covered.