Most of us need gym quotes or some type of motivation fitness quotes to get us up and moving.
Going to the gym is hard for most of us! So we can all use a bit of a push or inspiration to get there.
Once you actually make it to the gym, it gets better, but its the ‘getting there’ that’s tough.
I think for the majority of us, its just getting into the habit and finding what workouts work best.
The main thing to working out is that you don’t need to think so hard about.
Just do some form of activity that is fun and enjoyable and do it often. Consistency to working out is the key to seeing results.
Take these gym quotes to fuel you and keep you motivated to stay on task with your health and physical fitness!
Also, if you’re a hooper, also check out these basketball quotes to help inspire you to take your game to the next level.
Gym Quotes For Encouragement
1. “It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of gold and silver.” – Mahatma Gandhi
2. “Take care of your body. It’s the only place you have to live.” – Jim Rohn
3. “Leave all the afternoon for exercise and recreation, which are as necessary as reading. I will rather say more necessary because health is worth more than learning.” – Thomas Jefferson
4. “Walking is the best possible exercise. Habituate yourself to walk very fast.” – Thomas Jefferson
5. “The first wealth is health.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson
6. “He who has health, has hope and he who has hope, has everything.” – Thomas Carlyle
7. “Exercise to stimulate, not to annihilate. The world wasn’t formed in a day, and neither were we. Set small goals and build upon them.” – Lee Haney
8. “Time and health are two precious assets that we don’t recognize and appreciate until they have been depleted.” -Denis Waitley
9. “A vigorous five mile walk will do more good for an unhappy but otherwise healthy adult than all the medicine and psychology in the world.” – Paul Dudley White
10. “The human body is the best picture of the human soul.” – Ludwig Wittgenstein
Bodybuilding Gym Quotes
11. “Bodybuilding is much like any other sport. To be successful, you must dedicate yourself 100% to your training, diet and mental approach.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
12. “If a man achieves victory over this body, who in the world can exercise power over him? He who rules himself rules over the whole world.” – Vinoba Bhave
13. “Exercise is labor without weariness.” – Samuel Johnson
14. “Tactics, fitness, strok ability, adaptability, experience, and sportsmanship are all necessary for winning.” – Fred Perry
15. “I do yoga, I do Bikram and I run, and I eat really healthy.” – Lady Gaga
16. “Muscle come and go. Flab lasts.” – Bill Vaughan
17. “A muscle is like a car. If you want it to run well early in the morning, you have to warm it up.” – Florence Griffith Joyner
18. “Personally, I need a high level of physical fitness in order to feel at ease.” – Jurgen Klinsmann
19. “It’s not about weight, it’s about fitness, and one component of being fit is to have relatively low body fat, because fat is not very efficient, whereas muscle is.” – Deborah Bull
20. “Don’t limit your challenges. Challenge your limits.”
Dedication Gym Quotes
21. “Fitness needs to be perceived as fun and games or we subconsciously avoid it.” – Alan Thicke
22. “Health is the thing that makes you feel that now is the best time of the year.” – Franklin P. Adams
23. “Practice puts brains in your muscles.” – Sam Snead
24. “A runner must run with dreams in his heart, not money in his pocket.” – Emil Zatopek
25. “Find fitness with fun dancing. It is fun and makes you forget about the dreaded exercise.” – Paula Abdul
26. “Swimming is normal for me. I’m relaxed. I’m comfortable and I know my surroundings. It’s my home.” – Michael Phelps
27. “Exercise should be regarded as tribute to the heart.” – Gene Tunney
28. “Never hurry. Take plenty of exercise. Always be cheerful. Take all the sleep you need. you may expect to be well.” James Freeman Clark
29. “Looking after my health today, gives me a better hope for tomorrow.” – Anne Wilson Schaef
30. “I would rather exercise than read a newspaper.” – Kim Alexis
31. “The reason I exercise is for the quality of life I enjoy.” – Kenneth H. Cooper
Gym Quotes To Get You Back In The Routine
32. “Once you are over 30, 35 years old, I think everyone should get down to the gym and start moving again.” – Warren Cuccurullo
33. “Investing in health will produce enormous benefits.” – Gro Harlem Brundtland
34. “Happiness lies first of all in health.” – George William Curtis
35. “You gotta have a body.” – Jayne Mansfield
36. “I think if you exercise, your state of mind – my state of mind – is usually more at ease, ready for more mental challenges. Once I get the physical stuff out of the way, it always seems like I have more calmness and better self esteem.” – Stone Gossard
37. “It’s challenging, but you have to at least try to eat right and exercise.” – Joely Fisher
38. “It’s been a long road back to health and fitness for me. I am just glad to have been given the opportunity to do what I love most.” – Jonah Lomu
39. “Once in a while I’ll get moved to do some exercise. It’s something I long for but the biggest problem is bending down and putting my tennis shoes on. Once I go out, I’m OK.” – David Soul
40. “To enjoy the glow of good health, you must exercise.” – Gene Tunney
41. “Like most people, I can be lazy, so its nice to have a goal or deadline or reason to workout. I feel better when I get to exercise or when I’m outdoors. I like to hike, swim and run, and I love to play soccer.” – Viggo Mortensen
42. “15 minutes a day! Give me just this and I’ll prove I can make you a new man.” – Charles Atlas
Other Gym Quotes To Get You Up And Going
43. “If I don’t feel confident about my body, I’m not going to sit at home and feel sorry for myself and not do something about it. It’s all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether its fitness or whatever. It’s about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.” – Kim Kardashian
44. “No one’s ever achieved financial fitness with a January resolution that’s abandoned by February.” – Suze Orman
45. “I think fitness is important. I think a healthy lifestyle is important. I think putting positive energy out there is important and just staying connected with the people.” – L.L. Cool J
46. “Teaching kids about health and fitness is important to me. It’s about being fit for life.” – Jackie Joyner-Kersee
47. “A life coach does for the rest of your life what a personal trainer does for your health and fitness.” – Elaine MacDonald
48. “Fitness is not an option. It’s a part of my job.” – Alison Sweeney
49. “Resting for me is fitness training.” – Jenson Button
50. “You need to put what you learn into practice and do it over and over again until its a habit. I always say, ‘Seeing is not believing. Doing is believing.’ There is a lot to learn about fitness, nutrition and emotions, but once you do, you can master them instead of them mastering you.” – Brett Hoebel
51. “I’m not in the best shape, but I want to prove to myself I can do something that seems insurmountable and inspire others by showing them bo matter hwere they are in their fitness goals, they can do it too.” -Ruben Studdard
52. “Fitness is a curve. You can be Lance Armstrong, or you can be really out of shape at the opposite end. People enter the curve wherever they are and then they can move up the curve, by better nutrition and better exercise.” – Gordon Strachan
I hope these gym quotes have given you a spark of motivation to why its super important to stay on track when it comes to keeping up with your physical fitness.
Did you enjoy these quotes? Which one was your favorite? Let us know below!
Helping people and eating tacos are my jam! This blog exists to help provide tips and resources that can help you achieve your goals and live a better life. Whether you’re looking for tips on personal growth, fitness, advice on starting a side hustle, or resources for working remotely, I’ve got you covered.