Looking for the best Nas quotes? Nas, real name Nasir Jones, is one of the most prolific and influential hip hop artists of all time. His music has helped to shape the genre for decades.
In today’s post, we’ll explore some of his best quotes about life and music that we think will motivate you on your journey towards personal greatness!
Best Nas Quotes About Life
1. “No idea is original, there’s nothing new under the sun, it’s never what you do, but how it’s done.” – Nas
2. “For my hustlers, here’s some motivation: He who has begun is half done. Why you waitin?” – Nas
3. “Life is parallel to hell but I must maintain and be prosperous.” – Nas
4. “Pac was like Jesus, Nas wrote the Bible.” – Nas
5. “Trust your own judgement, live with it and love it.” – Nas
6. “They say money rule the world, you can’t pay God with it.” – Nas
7. “Much success to you, even if you wish me the opposite.” – Nas
8. “Mind’s in another world thinking how can we exist through the facts.” – Nas
9. “Your arms too short to box with God.” – Nas
10. “Don’t ever give up on yourself. Keep pushing because the change of guards is what life’s all about. You’ve always go to stick with whatever you’re into because your day is going to come. Your day is destined. If you walk away from that, whether it be from fear or whether you’re just giving up, the greatest sin is fear and giving up.” – Nas
11. “As I grow yearly, I see things more clearly.” – Nas
12. “Every great person educates themselves.” – Nas
13. “Act your age, don’t pretend to be older than you are. Give yourself time to grow.” – Nas
14. “I just enjoy life now. I just enjoy every morning I get to wake up.” – Nas
15. “Born alone, die alone. No crew to keep my crown or throne.” – Nas
16. “Turnin’ nothin’ into somethin’ is God work, and you get nothin’ without struggle and hard work.” – Nas
17. “I want to have fun. It’s a beautiful life. You learn, you win, you lose, but you get up.” – Nas
18. “A caterpillar can’t relate to what an eagle envisions.” – Nas
19. “Today, with the media, the internet, things get out there about anybody, anytime. So there’s nothing wrong about talking about your life, because someone else is going to talk about it and mess it up.” – Nas
20. “If you’re scared to take chances, you’ll never have answers.” – Nas
21. “I know you think my life is good ‘cause my diamond piece, but my life been good since I started finding peace.” – Nas
22. “Never make choices out of desperation, I think through it.” – Nas
23. “Do not speak to fools, they scorn the wisdom of your words.” – Nas
Powerful Nas Quotes To Remember
24. “Many slain empty skulls where a brain should be.” – Nas
25. “With the survival of the fittest, everyday is a challenge.” – Nas
26. “A lot of times it seems like you ain’t gon’ make it where you wanna be in life. But yo if you got a plan, believe me you gon’ get there. You gon’ get everything you’ve ever wanted.” – Nas
27. “I know I can, be what I wanna be, if I work hard at it, I’ll be where I wanna be.” – Nas
28. “Trust ya own judgement. Live with it and love it.” – Nas
29. “The flaws, the mistakes I make – that’s the real me.” – Nas
30. “Life is good represent the most beautiful, dramatic and heavy moments in my life.” – Nas
31. “I set it off with my own rhyme / cause I’m as ill as convict who kills for phone time.” – Nas
32. “Let the music diffuse all the tension.” – Nas
33. “I never sleep, cause sleep is the cousin of death, beyond the walls of intelligence, life is defined.” – Nas
34. “Fear is weakness. Learn from what experience teaches.” – Nas
35. “If the truth is told, the youth can grow.” – Nas
36. “Once you make it to your point of making it, you’ll appreciate the struggle.” – Nas
37. “Who’s world is this, the world is yours.” – Nas
38. “All I need is one mic. All I need is one life, one try, one breath, I’m one man.” – Nas
39. “Everything will eventually come to an end, so try to savor the moments, cuz time flies, don’t it? The beauty of life is to make it last for the better cuz nothin lasts forever.” – Nas
40. “Why shoot the breeze about it, when you can be about it.” – Nas
41. “Nobody says you have to be gangstas and hoes. Read more, learn more, change the globe.
Nas Quotes about Money and Music
42. “You lose money chasing women; never lose women chasing money..” – Nas
43. “You have to keep your vision clear, cause only cowards live in fear.” – Nas
44. “The whole thing is, do as much as you can, when you possibly can, and don’t stress.” – Nas
45. “Some say hatin’ is confused admiration.” – Nas
46. “I’ve been lucky enough to reach a place where I can speak what’s in my hear, and people know that it comes from a real place; I don’t have to worry about doing what someone’s not doing. I can do me.” – Nas
47. “It’s foul what this money could do. Cash corrupts the loyal.” – Nas
48. “I had been through of course, the divorce and I had been hit with some taxes that really showed me to be careful who’s working with you and your money. And you have to be the one that is responsible for your money. You can’t trust anyone and I did; and I ran into a problem.” – Nas
49. “My duration’s infinite, money-wise or physiology.” – Nas
50. “I want to hear the artist. I want to hear them give me something that I can relate to other than the fact that everything’s about bragging.” – Nas
51. “Hip hop artists, especially the older ones, are the ones who knew hip hop was a worldwide phenomenon before the mainstream caught on. So hip hop artists are forward thinkers. We want to stay with the new.” – Nas
52. “I never brag how real I keep it, cause it’s the best secret.” – Nas
53. “It’s a thin line between paper and hate, friends and snakes, nine millis and thirty-eights, hell or pearly gates… I was destined to come, predicted, blame God, he blew breath in my lungs.” – Nas
54. “Vocabulary spills I’m ill.” – Nas
55. “I think it’s harder to make a classic now. Not because of what people say, but because artists now are so concerned with what people say.” – Nas
56. “What you base your happiness around? Material, women and large paper? That means you’re inferior, not major.” – Nas
What were your favorite Nas quotes?
Nas is an inspiration to all of us. He has been an advocate for black culture through his lyrics as well as in other aspects of life including business ventures.
With wisdom that can only come from years spent navigating life’s ups and downs, he shares some words to live by in this post.
Always remember that there is no set way to live life. It’s up to you who you want to be, what goals you have for yourself and how hard you are willing to work in order achieve them.
As Nas says, “It ain’t the size of your dreams that matters but it’s the size of your heart.”
Stop thinking about what other people expect from you or may think about your decisions because at the end of the day, it doesn’t matter if they’re not supporting you.
As long as you know why you’re doing it, you’ll get much further along. Dream big!
What were your favorite Nas quotes? And if you have more to add, let us know in the comments!
Helping people and eating tacos are my jam! This blog exists to help provide tips and resources that can help you achieve your goals and live a better life. Whether you’re looking for tips on personal development, advice on starting a side hustle, or resources for working remotely, I’ve got you covered.