Personal growth is a lifelong journey. Let today’s collection of self growth quotes remind us of what’s truly achievable in life .
When it comes to personal development, the saying “knowledge is power” rings true.
The more knowledge you have about yourself and how to grow as an individual, the stronger your foundation will be for developing into the person you want to be.
What Self Growth Means?
It’s a personal process that helps you to become a better version of yourself. It can be tough, but it’s by far the most rewarding type of personal journey there is.
Self growth IS personal development. It’s about allowing yourself to become better each day and having the courage to go out and get what you want.
Why is Self Growth Important?
Self growth is about developing your personal power and learning to express yourself in a positive, productive manner.
You can’t change who you are without first accepting that it’s necessary, and then pursuing development of the mind, body, heart, and soul.
67 Empowering Self Growth Quotes to Live By
1. “Be patient with yourself. Self growth is tender. There’s no greater investment.” – Stephen Covey
2. “How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world.” – Anne Frank
3. “I’m stronger because I had to be, I’m smarter because of my mistakes, happier because of the sadness I’ve known, and now wiser because I learned.”
4. “It’s only after you’ve stepped outside your comfort zone that you begin to change, grow, and transform.” – Roy T. Bennett
5. “Change equals self-improvement. Push yourself to places you haven’t been before.”
6. “Growth is often uncomfortable, messy and full of feelings you weren’t expecting. But it’s necessary.”
7. “A comfort zone is a beautiful place, but nothing ever grows there.”
8. “Growth is the great separator between those who succeed and those who do not. When I see a person beginning to separate themselves from the pack, it’s almost always due to personal growth.” – John C. Maxwell
9. “Become addicted to constant and never ending self improvement.” – Anthony J. D’Angelo
10. “The important thing is that we must be constantly moving forward – yes the progressive realization of a predetermined goal. And our growth should never end.” – Og Mandino
11. “We cannot choose our external circumstances, but we can always choose how we respond to them.” – Epictetus
12. “Change is inevitable but personal growth is a choice.” – Bob Proctor
13. “We make progress in society only if we stop cursing and complaining about its shortcomings and have the courage to do something about them.” – Elisabeth Kübler-Ross
14. “The wound is the place where the light enters you.” – Rumi
15. “The sooner you start believing in yourself, the sooner you’ll start seeing results. Self doubt isn’t doing you any favors.”
16. “Everything is figureoutable.” – Marie Forleo
17. “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
Quotes about personal growth and change
18. “Every success story is a tale of constant adaption, revision and change.” – Richard Branson
19. “You must take personal responsibility. You cannot change the circumstances, the seasons, or the wind, but you can change yourself.” – Jim Rohn
20. “Fall in love with the process of becoming the very best version of yourself.”
21. “Enjoying success requires the ability to adapt. Only by being open to change will you have a true opportunity to get the most from your talent.” – Nolan Ryan
22. “An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
23. “Change is not a bolt of lighting that arrives with a zap. It is a bridge built brick by brick, everyday, with sweat and humility and slips. It is hard work, and slow work, but it can be thrilling to watch it take shape.” – Sarah Hepola
24. “One can choose to go back toward safety or forward towards growth. Growth must be chosen again and again; fear must be overcome again and again.” – Abraham Lincoln
25. “The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new.” – Socrates
26. “When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.” – Viktor E. Frankl
27. “The primary cause of unhappiness is never the situation but your thoughts about it.” – Eckhart Tolle
28. “There are things I can’t force. I must adjust. There are times when the greatest change needed is a change of my viewpoint.” – Denis Diderot
29. “Self transformation is not just about changing yourself. It means shifting yourself to a completely new dimension of experience and perception.” – Jaggi Vasudev
30. “Setbacks are a part of the journey. They’re not signs to stop. They might burn a little but serve a greater purpose which you will discover once you make it to the other end. Don’t give up on yourself.” – Ash Alves
31. “The curious paradox is that when I accept myself just as I am, then I can change.” – Carl R. Rogers
32. “Formal education will make you a living; self-education will make you a fortune.” – Jim Rohn
33. “Allow yourself to grow and change. Your future self is waiting.”
34. “Growth and self transformation cannot be delegated.” – Lewis Mumford
35. “Transformation is a process, and as life happens there are tons of ups and downs. It’s a journey of discovery.” – Rick Warren
Professional growth quotes
36. “Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow.” – Ronald Osborn
37. “You can’t build a reputation on what you’re going to do.” – Confucius
38. “Professional is not a label you give yourself. It’s a description you hope others will apply to you.” – David Maister
39. “Believing in your potential and calling upon your courage to change will fuel your professional growth and help you accomplish goals.” – John Manning
40. “All growth depend upon activity. There is no development physically or intellectually without effort, and effort means….work.” – Calvin Coolidge
41. “Life is growth. If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead.” – Morihei Ueshiba
42. “If you want to achieve greatness stop asking for permission.”
43. “We are all being called to be more present than ever, while dealing with a more challenging array of personal and professional challenges, opportunities and all-around growth.” – Brenda Strong
44. “The growth and development of people is the highest calling of leadership.” – Harvey S. Firestone
45. “Stay resilient, and you will increase the possibilities in reaching your destination.” – Prudence Howard
46. “The only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle.” – Steve Jobs
47. “You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself one.” – Henry David Thoreau
48. “The most valuable resource that all teachers have is each other. Without collaboration our growth is limited to our own perspectives.” – Robert John Meehan
49. “Knowing others is intelligence. Knowing yourself is true wisdom. Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power.” – Lao Tzu
50. “What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as whay you become by achieving your goals.” – Henry David Thoreau
51. “Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.” – Nelson Mandela
52. “Continuous personal and professional development is your key to the future.” – Brian Tracy
53. “Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” – Benjamin Franklin
54. “I want to look back on my career and be proud of the work, and be proud that I tried everything.” – Jon Stewart
Other Inspiring Self Growth Quotes
55. “Growth is painful. Change is painful. But nothing is as painful as staying stuck somewhere you don’t belong.”
56. “Growth is uncomfortable because you’ve never been here before – you’ve never been this version of you. So give yourself a little grace and breathe through it.” – Kristin Lohr
57. “I not realize instead of growing into my best self, I’m reducing into my best self, by choosing to let go of regrets, fears, worry, doubt, resentment.” – Karen Salmansohn
58. “It is not as much about who you used to be, as it is about who you choose to be.” – Sanhita Baruah
59. “Be the change you want to see in the world.” – Gandhi
60. Change equals self improvement. Push yourself to places you haven’t been before.” – Pat Sumitt
61. “When things change inside you, things change around you.”
62. “Your dream doesn’t have an expiration date. Take a deep breath and try again.” – KT Witten
63. “We are products of our past, but we don’t have to be prisoners of it.” – Rick Warren
64. “The prices of doing the same old thing is far higher than the price of change.” – Bill Clinton
65. “Those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything.” – George Bernard Shaw
66. “Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself.” – Leo Tolstoy
67. “If we don’t change, we don’t grow. If we don’t grow, we aren’t really living.” – Gail Sheehy
Which self growth quotes resonated with you the most?
Whether you want to grow more confident, discover new talents or simply live life without regrets, we hope these inspiring words will help give you some inspiration and courage along your journey of personal growth and change.
Commitment is key: it’s up to YOU to put in the work necessary for success.
Helping people and eating tacos are my jam! This blog exists to help provide tips and resources that can help you achieve your goals and live a better life. Whether you’re looking for tips on personal growth, fitness, advice on starting a side hustle, or resources for working remotely, I’ve got you covered.