There are so many reasons as to why people should shop local. You not only have the opportunity to find unique items that can’t be found anywhere else, but you’ll also have the opportunity to actually meet the owners of these small businesses and learn more about them, their story, and their vision for their company on a personal level.
Many people don’t realize it, but small businesses play major roles in the community as a whole. They provide jobs for the people in their community. And what many people don’t know is that these small businesses do a lot of giving back.
Not only through providing jobs, but also by investing back into their communities and donating money on a regular basis.
These donations can range from helping out with schools or funding other local projects so they’re able to continue to grow as a whole.
Due to being hit by the 2020 pandemic, where many local businesses took a major hit, its even more important to shop in your own community.
We hope that today’s ‘support small business’ quotes inspires you to be more mindful of where you spend your money.
Next time you go out to shop, try grabbing lunch at the local mom and pop restaurant or picking up groceries from a small, specialty market instead of going to the big box store for your needs.
Support small business quotes to shop local more often
- “Supporting another person’s success won’t ever damper yours.”
- “When you support a small business you are supporting a dream.”
- “When you support handmade, you are not just supporting a person, small business, family, our economy; you are purchasing a small part of an artist’s heart.”
- “When you buy from a small business, an actual person does a little happy dance.”
- “Every small purchase makes a big difference!”
- “Supporting a small business means you’re supporting a Family. You’re helping to pay a mortgage, electric bill, buy groceries, transportation, a child to get braces or sending a student to college.”
- “70% of small businesses are owned and operated by a single person.”
- “If people support independently owned small businesses in their community, they can make a difference.”
- “Small business owners have great passion and conviction for their product or service, but sometimes they need some additional support.”
- “Support your friends’ businesses and progressions like you support the celebrities that you don’t actually know.”
- “In a world where you can shop anywhere…shop local.”
- “When you buy from a small business, you’re not helping a CEO buy a third vacation home. You are helping a little girl get dance lessons, a little boy get his team jersey, a mom and dad to put food on the table.”
- “Small businesses are the heartbeat of your neighborhood, the spine of your local economy, and the spirit of your town.”
- “If I don’t support other small businesses, how can I expect others to support my small business.”
- “Big businesses can help by engaging aspiring entrepreneurs and promoting initiatives which support small businesses from within.”
- “You can’t buy happiness but you can buy local. And that’s kind of the same.”
- “We have to keep small businesses healthy in order to keep our economy strong.”
- “Just a small business that decided to go for it.”
- “Support women. Support freelancers. Support creatives. Support small businesses.”
- Behind the success of every small business, there is a family.”
- “Think big, shop small.”
- “Small business. Big heart.”
- “Be local, buy local.”
- “Walking into a small business is like that warm feeling you get in a small country town where everyone smiles and says hello. Whereas a corporate store, the people look at you as another dollar sign.”
- “The best compliment is the referral of family and friends.”
- “It takes YOU to start the trend. Shop small. Shop local. Eat local. Spend local. Enjoy local.
- “Support movers, makers, hustlers, shakers.”
- “Small businesses provide the feeling that a real person is behind it all, someone who cares more about giving us a quality product or service, over just taking our hard earned dollars.”
- “Buy GOOD things from REAL people.”
- “When you make the effort to spend and support the mom and pop business owners, you are supporting and building your community.”
- “Shop local, cause Amazon won’t sponsor your kid’s ball team.”
- “Eat. Live. Breathe. Shop Local.”
- “Supporting small businesses is like that first sip of coffee in the morning. So gooooood……”
Small businesses are a big part of our communities. They provide jobs, support for families and inspire innovation in their fields. That’s why we should support them by shopping locally as often as possible.
Plus, there’s always something special about buying from someone who cares, instead of just another faceless corporation.
We hope you found these ‘support small business quotes’ inspiring. What is your favorite local restaurant or shop that you visit often in your area?
Let us know in the comments!
Helping people and eating tacos are my jam! This blog exists to help provide tips and resources that can help you achieve your goals and live a better life. Whether you’re looking for tips on personal growth, fitness, advice on starting a side hustle, or resources for working remotely, I’ve got you covered.