Get inspired by today’s body positivity quotes.
We all have days when we feel down, and sometimes it can be hard to get out of that negative mindset.
That’s why it’s so important to fill our minds with positive thoughts and words.
This collection of body positive quotes can remind you of the beauty in yourself and others, as well as inspire you to love yourself no matter what shape or size you are.
I hope they can serve as reminders for you to be confident and proud of who you are!
What are body positivity words?
Body positivity is an attitude of self-acceptance, regardless of size or shape. It encourages respect for all bodies and emphasizes the importance of overall health, rather than focusing on a goal weight or number on a scale.
This positive outlook can take many forms, from embracing body diversity to considering physical appearance in a more holistic way.
Body positivity words are uplifting and supportive statements that help build self-esteem and confidence in oneself, free from the negative effects of body shaming.
Examples include phrases like “you’re perfect just the way you are”, “there’s no wrong size or shape for anyone”, or “you’re beautiful inside and out”.
These body positive quotes and words can help you to affirm your worth, appreciate your beauty, and create a healthier perspective of yourself.
So the next time you are feeling down about your looks or size, try repeating some of these inspiring words and affirmations to yourself.
Body positivity quotes to live by
1. “You define beauty yourself. Society doesn’t define your beauty.” – Lady Gaga
2. “I definitely have body issues, but everybody does. When you come to the realization that everybody does – even the people that I consider flawless – then you can start to live with the way you are.” – Taylor Swift
3. “Say goodbye to your inner critic, and take this pledge to be kinder to yourself and others.” – Oprah
4. “You have been criticizing yourself for years and it hasn’t worked. Try approving of yourself and see what happens.” – Louise Hay
5. “It doesn’t have anything to do with how the world perceives you. What matters is what you see.” – Gabourey Sidibe
6. “This body had carried me through a hard life. It looked exactly the way it was supposed to.” – Veronica Roth
7. “Nobody is perfect. I just don’t believe in perfection. But I do believe in saying, ‘This is who I am and look at me not being perfect!’ I’m proud of that.” – Kate Winslet
8. “Just because we have acne, tummy rolls, and chaffing thighs doesn’t mean we need fixed. Period.” – Mik Zazon
9. “Work out because you love your body. Not because you hate it.”
Discover unique products that inspire at the
InspiredLife ShopWear Your Motivation. Inspire Your Space.
10. “Since I don’t look like every other girl, it takes a while to be okay with that. To be different. But different is good.” – Serena Williams
11. “Speak to your body in a loving way. It’s the only one you’ve got, it’s your home and it deserves your respect.” – Iskra Lawrence
12. “You are not a mistake. You are not a problem to be solved. But you won’t discover this until you are willing to stop banging your head against the wall of shaming and caging and fearing yourself.” – Geneen Roth
13. “We’ve forgotten what a regular body looks like. There are people out there who are struggling, and it’s okay to come to terms with realizing it’s going to be a bit of a journey.” – Chrissy Teigen
14. “My body is my autobiography. Each stretch mark tells a story of growth and becoming. My skin is a silent conversation of how much I have accomplished.”
15. “Work on being in love with the person in the mirror who has been through so much but is still standing.”
16. “You are more than a number on the scale.”
17. “You are imperfect, permanently & inevitably flawed. And you are beautiful.” – Amy Bloom
18. “I’m pretty comfortable with my body. I’m imperfect. The imperfections are there. People are going to see them, but I take the view you only live once.” – Kate Hudson
Body positive quotes to empower you to feel more confident
19. “Feeling confident, being comfortable in your skin – that’s what really makes you beautiful.” – Bobbi Brown
20. “I do have body image problems, but I don’t let them rule my life, at all….There’s only one of you, so why would you want to look like everyone else?” – Adele
21. “Your words have so much power. Every day, if you tell yourself ‘I love you.’ If you give yourself one word of validation, it will change your mind.” – Ashley Graham
22. “Feeling beautiful has nothing to do with what you look like.” – Emma Watson
23. “One day I decided that I was beautiful and so I carried out my life as if I was a beautiful girl. It doesn’t have anything to do with how the world perceives you. What matters is what you see.” – Gabourey Sidibe
24. “The most powerful thing anyone can say to us is what we say to ourselves.” – Christine D’ercole
25. “It’s all about accepting yourself the way you are. If you want to work towards a better you in whatever regards… do it. But you’re okay just the way you are today.” – Tess Holiday
Discover unique products that inspire at the
InspiredLife ShopWear Your Motivation. Inspire Your Space.
26. “Stop trying to fix your body. It was never broken.” – Eve Ensler
27. “She needed a hero, so that’s what she became.”
28. “Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.” – Marilyn Monroe
29. “Don’t let your mind bully your body.” – June Tomaso Wood
30. “And I said to my body, softly, ‘I want to be your friend.’ It took a long breath and replied, ‘I’ve been waiting my whole life for this’.” – Nayyirah Waheed
31. “To me, beauty is about being comfortable in your own skin. It’s about knowing and accepting who you are.” – Ellen DeGeneres
32. “Confidence is the only key. I can’t think of any better representation of beauty that someone who is unafraid to be herself.” – Emma Stone
33. “We are beautiful because we are sons and daughters of God, not because we look a certain way.” – Kate Wicker
34. “My weight? It is what it is. You could get hit by a bus tomorrow. It’s about being content. And sometimes other priorities win.” – Melissa Mccarthy
35. “Just focus on being the best possible version of yourself and quit worrying about your thighs – there’s nothing wrong with them.” – Jennie Runk
Love your body quotes
36. “Loving yourself is the greatest revolution.”
37. “Build a strong mindset. The body will follow.”
38. “Body positivity is as simple as making the choice to love yourself despite your shortcoming – to embrace your whole self and not let others dictate how you feel about your body.” – Paige Fieldsted
39. “In owning the parts of me that I so badly wanted to ignore and hide, I’ve dismantled the shame I’ve held for years, and began building self-acceptance for myself in it’s place.” – Lenea Sims
40. “I realize everybody wants what they don’t have. But at the end of the day, what you have inside is much more beautiful than what’s on the outside.” – Selena Gomez
41. “My body is not yours to critique and discuss. My body is not yours for consumption. My body is my vessel. An archive of experiences. A weapon that has fought battles only I understand. A library of love, pain, struggle, victory, and mystery. Your eyes cannot define all it has endured. Do not place value upon my body, place it upon my being.” – Sophie Lewis
42. “The best thing is to realize you are who you are and you gotta work with what you got.” – Zendaya
43. “Happiness isn’t size specific.” – Anna Guest-Jelley
44. “My limbs work, so I’m not going to complain about how my body is shaped.” – Drew Barrymore
45. “My existence is not about how desirable you find me.”
46. “Life’s too short to be unkind to yourself.”
47. “I’m all about body positivity and self-love because I believe that we can save the world if we first save ourselves.” – Lizzo
48. “There is no wrong way to have a body.” – Glenn Marla
49. “Who cares if there are lumps on my thighs? I’m guilty of having human legs made up of fat, muscle and skin, and sometimes when you sit, they get bumpy.” – Kristen Bell
Sassy body positive quotes to make you feel fierce
50. “My body isn’t flawed, your thinking is.”
51. “Apologize to your body. Maybe that’s where the healing begins.”
52. “You know what’s healthier than kale? Having a good relationship with food.”
53. “If you tried and didn’t end up where you wanted to go, that’s still progress.” – Rupi Kaur
54. “You don’t need to buy into any lifestyle besides your own and what fits your body.” – Gina Rodriguez
55. “What makes you different or weird, that’s your strength.” – Meryl Steep
56. “I keep telling myself that I’m a human being, an imperfect human being who’s not made to look like a doll.” – Emma Watson
57. “I’m no longer available for the diet industry to profit off my insecurities.”
58. “You can’t hate yourself happy. You can’t criticize yourself thin. You can’t shame yourself worthy. Real change begins with self-love and self-care.” – Jessica Ortner
59. “It was only until I started to be myself that the music started to flow and people started to listen.” – Sam Smith
60. “Chic is when a woman is in harmony with herself.” – Giambattista Valli
61. “I think your whole life shows in your face and you should be proud of that.” – Lauren Bacall
62. “Take your time and talent and figure out what you have to contribute to this world, and get over what the hell your butt looks like in those jeans!” – America Ferrera
63. “You can’t eat beauty, it doesn’t sustain you. What is fundamentally beautiful is compassion, for yourself and those around you. That kind of beauty enflames the heart and enchants the soul.” – Lupita Nyong’o
Powerful plus size body positive quotes
64. “There is no way to be perfect and no fun in being perfect.” – Alicia Keys
65. “When life gives you curves….Flaunt them.”
66. “Your worth has nothing to do with your weight.”
67. “Your body is beautiful even if it’s not the body we see on runways.”
68. “People often say that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and I say that the most liberating thing about beauty is realizing you are the beholder.” – Salma Hayek
69. “Females are like the most beautiful, gorgeous creatures in the world. I think that we’re gorgeous no matter what size we are.” – Alicia Keys
70. “True beauty comes from the soul to change yourself, and to conform to anyone else’s standards of beauty, is to change your essence, own who you are, and you become a truly powerful woman.” – Ali Tate
71. “You can be the ripest, juiciest peach in the world, and there’s still going to be somebody who hates peaches.” – Dita Von Tesse
72. “I would only lose weight if it affected my health or sex life, which it doesn’t.” – Adele
73. “I am allowed to look sexy, feel sexy and be in love. I am worthy of all those things and so are you.” – Mary Lambert
74. “I smile just as wide no matter my current size because I’m proud of what this body has seen and done and represented.” – Lena Dunham
75. “Curvy girls can pull off any look – it’s what we do.” – Ashley Graham
Positive body image quotes to carry with you every day
76. “I’ve made peace with the fact that the things that I thought were weaknesses or flaws were just me. I like them.” – Sandra Bullock
77. “Life is so much ore beautiful and complex than a number on a scale.” – Tess Munster
78. “Your weight does not define your worth.” – Rachel Pate
79. “Your weight may change, but your worth does not.”
80. “I hope one day your human body is not a jail cell. Instead its a sunny 2pm garden with daisies thriving because of self love.”
81. “You are both good and bad and messy and complex and still worthy of compassion, love and acceptance.” – Sarajane Case
82. “Surround yourself with tacos. Not negativity.”
83. “I look at these pictures and realize I worried about things that I shouldn’t have been worrying about. I would go out to the beach without a sarong from my neck to my ankles.” – Stevie Nicks
84. “You have to just accept your body. You may not love it all the way, but you just have to be comfortable with it, comfortable with knowing that that’s your body.” – Rihanna
85. “Treat your body like an instrument, not an ornament.” – Gary Thomas
86. “Life is too short to spend it a war with yourself.”
Male body positivity quotes
87. “Of course you look different. You are not made from a cookie cutter.”
88. “You don’t have to be 6’2”, ripped and have a 6 pack to be handsome. It’s okay to have a tummy, or be skinny with no muscle. It’s okay to be short and have acne, stretch marks and cellulite. Y’all are handsome in your own way.”
89. “We are all luminous beings and have a lot to offer this world.” – Aaron Flores, RDN
90. “All men are body conscious. If they say they’re not, they’re lying.” – Gilles Marini
91. “I’m not going to sacrifice my mental health to have the perfect body.”
92. “Sometimes Kit would look at the veins in his own hands and think, ‘All these little rivers flowing through my body, keeping me alive.’ Thank you, little rivers. Thank you.” – David Arnold
93. “Try to love yourself as much as you want someone else to.”
94. “It’s just as hard to be Ken as it is to be Barbie.”
95. “Bodies on TV aren’t ‘Average’. You don’t have to look like that!”
96. “Be yourself, everyone else is already taken.” – Oscar Wilde
97. “The amount of facial hair doesn’t define your manliness.”
No matter your size, shape, or gender, remember that you are beautiful and worthy of love.
These positive body quotes can help remind us of our own worth, while inspiring us to respect ourselves and those around us.
Don’t let society define who you are. Take charge of your own body image and be proud of it!
Remember, you are perfect just the way you are. Love your body, and it will love you back!
Helping people and eating tacos are my jam! This blog exists to help provide tips and resources that can help you achieve your goals and live a better life. Whether you’re looking for tips on personal growth, fitness, advice on starting a side hustle, or resources for working remotely, I’ve got you covered.