In today’s collection of champion quotes, we’ll explore some of the best words of wisdom from top champions throughout history for you to take these words as guidance and motivation to achieving your own success.
The world’s most successful people are champions. They don’t give up when things get tough, and they keep fighting for what is important to them. In order to be successful in any endeavor, one must have an attitude that is consistently positive and optimistic.
Not only that, but you must also know that anything worth achieving requires hard work, dedication, sacrifice and unyielding persistence.
Heart of a Champion Quotes
1. “Never underestimate the heart of a champion.”
2. “I don’t count my sit-ups. I only start counting when it starts hurting. That is when I start counting, because then it really counts. That’s what makes you a champion.” – Muhammad Ali
3. “A champion isn’t made of muscle; a champion is made of heart.” – Liang Chow
4. “The quality of a person’s life is in direct proportion to their commitment to excellence, regardless of their chosen field of endeavor.” – Vince Lombardi
5. “A true champion can adapt to anything.” – Floyd Mayweather Jr.
6. “In the world there are believers and then there are non-believers. For all of you non believers out there, I have something to say to you…never underestimate the heart of a champion.” – Rudy Tom Johnavich
7. “At the end of the day, I walk with the heart of a lion.”
8. “I hated every minute of training, but I said… Don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.” – Muhammad Ali
9. “Everyone has the fire, but the champions known when to ignite the spark.”
10. “The true test of a champion is not whether he can triumph, but whether he can overcome obstacles.” – Garth Stein
11. “The Heart of a Champion is a rare commodity. Everyone wants it, but very few are willing to earn it. The Heart of a Champion makes you chase your dreams, even though the world seems against you. The Heart of a Champion push on and never gives up, even when your body is shattered and your limbs are numb. The Heart of a Champion reminds you to keep believing in yourself even when the goal is still out of sight. The Heart of a Champion is an inspiration to others. An inspiration for them to follow their dreams. An inspiration to push through when quitting is the easy way out.” – Olaf Schaum
12. “A true champion wasn’t born, but trained.” – Annakit
13. “If you’re a champion, you have to have it in your heart.” – Chris Evert
14. “Champions keep playing until they get it right.” – Billie Jean King
15. “Every champion was once a contender that refused to give up.” – Rocky Balboa
16. To be a champion, compete; to be a great champion, compete with the best; but to be the greatest champion, compete with yourself.”
17. “The heart of a champion is not a light switch that goes on and off when someone’s watching. It’s like a sun that always burns.” – Said Manoj
18. “She has the heart of a champion. She just refuses to lose.” – Mike Helmer
19. “The heart of a champion beats to a different drum.” – John Di Lemme
20. “Champions believe in themselves, even when no one does.”
Humble Champion Quotes
21. “The real champions in life are so humble and gracious. They just continue doing what they do without all the posturing.” – Denis Waitley
22. “A great man is always willing to be little.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
23. “Work hard in silence let success make the noise.”
24. “Humility is nothing but truth, and pride is nothing but lying.” – Saint Vincent de Paul
25. “I am humble enough to know that I’m not better than anyone else, but wise enough to know I am different.”
26. “I need to remain humble, stay disciplined and keep training. That’s how I will continue to be a champion.” – Andy Ruiz Jr.
27. “If my mind can conceive it and my heart can believe it – then I can achieve it.” – Muhammad Ali
28. “To lead the people, walk behind them.” – Lao Tzu
29. “Gold medals aren’t really made of gold. They’re made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts.”
30. “Attitude of a champion. Hustle like an Underdog.”
31. “I’ve grown most not from victories, but setbacks. If winning is God’s reward, then losing is how he teaches us.” – Serena Williams
32. “Be a humble champion and create visible momentum for the value you deliver to the team.” – Dave Hollis
33. “Every person that you meet knows something you don’t; learn from them.” – H. Jackson Brown Jr.
34. “Real genius is nothing else but the supernatural virtue of humility in the domain of thought.” – Simone Weil
35. “What you are thinking is what you are becoming.” – Muhammad Ali
36. “Humble on the outside, confident on the inside.”
37. “Be kind. Be humble. But be a beast.”
38. “The biggest challenge after success is shutting up about it.” Criss Jami
39. “As a champion, you will have the opportunity to see what God sees and your view of this race will become clearer to you.” – Dr. Beverly Crockett
40. “There’s a champion in all of us, it’s how you choose to find it.” – Mark McMorris
Inspirational Champion Quotes
41. “To be a champion, you have to see the big picture. It’s not about winning and losing; it’s about every day hard work and about thriving on a challenge. It’s about embracing the pain that you’ll experience at the end of a race and not being afraid.”
42. “Champions don’t show up to get everything they want; they show up to give everything they have.”
43. “Champions rarely talk. They just perform and the world around them talks.”
44. “A Champion is defined not by their wins but by how they can recover when they fall.”
45. “When my body gets tired, my mind says ‘This is where winners are made.’ When my mind gets tired, my heart says, ‘This is where Champions are made.’” – Baylor Barber
46. “A champion is someone who gets up, even when he can’t.”
47. “Champions do not become champions when they win the event, but in the hours, weeks, months, and years they spend preparing for it. The victorious performance itself is merely the demonstration of their championship character.” – T. Alan Armstrong
48. “What does it take to be a champion? Desire, dedication, determination, concentration and the will to win.” – Patty Berg
49. “Everyone has the desire to win, but only champions have the desire to prepare.”
50. “To be a champion, you have to believe in yourself when no one else will.” – Sugar Ray Robinson
51. “Champions aren’t made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them. A desire, a dream, a vision.” – Muhammad Ali
52. “A champion is someone who has faith and dedication and doesn’t let obstacles stand in the way.”
53. “If you want to be the best, you have to do things that other people aren’t willing to do.”
54. “Practice like a champion.”
55. “There’s no way around hard work. Embrace it.” – Roger Federer
56. “Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you.”
57. “Make each day your masterpiece.” – John Wooden
58. “There are always new, grander challenges to confront, and a true winner will embrace each one.” – Mia Hamm
59. “Champions are made by their passion and persistence.” – Agunloye Oyerinde
60. “A champion does it like it loves it, even when he doesn’t.” – Mike Tyson
If you are enjoying these quotes, feel free to check out our John Wooden quotes collection for more motivation about winning.
Other Motivational Champion Quotes
61. “A true champion will fight through anything.” – Floyd Mayweather, Jr.
62. “Its easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you’re a winner, when you’re number one. What you go to have is faith and discipline when you are not a winner.” – Vince Lombardi
63. “Hard days are the best because that’s when champions are made.” – Gabrielle Douglas
64. “Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard.” – Tim Notke
65. “If people are doubting how far you can go, go so far that you can’t hear them anymore.” – Michele Ruiz
66. “True champions aren’t always the ones that win, but those with the most guts.” – Mia Hamm
67. “In life, there is no such thing as impossible; it’s always possible.” – Venus Williams
68. “You were born with the ability to change someone’s life, don’t ever waste it.”
69. “What makes a champion is not how elegantly you start, but how strongly you finish.” – Robin Sharma
70. “I always believe if you’re stuck in a hole, and maybe things aren’t going well, you will come out stronger. Everything in life is this way.” – Roger Federer
71. “He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life.” – Muhammad Ali
72. “There’s always the motivation of wanting to win. Everybody has that. But a champion needs, in his attitude, a motivation above and beyond winning.” – Pat Riley
73. “We cannot become what we want to be by remaining who we are.”
74. “A champion is someone who gets up when he can’t.” – Jack Dempsey
75. “You cannot be a winner without maturity and consistency.” – Marco Silva
76. “A champion is afraid of losing. Everyone else is afraid of winning.” – Billie Jean King
77. “The road to Easy Street goes through the sewer.” – John Madden
78. “There may be people that have more talent than you, but there’s no excuse for anyone to work harder than you do.” – Derek Jeter
79. “Champions are champions not because they do anything extraordinary but because they do the ordinary things better than anyone else.” – Chuck Doll
80. “You are the only one who can limit your greatness.”
Which Champion quotes were your favorite?
Winning is not a destination, it’s an attitude that you carry with you. You can be successful in all aspects of your life if you have the right mindset and work hard enough to achieve what matters most to you.
We hope these champion quotes have been a source of inspiration for you today. Which quotes resonated with you most? Let us know in the comments below!
Helping people and eating tacos are my jam! This blog exists to help provide tips and resources that can help you achieve your goals and live a better life. Whether you’re looking for tips on personal development, advice on starting a side hustle, or resources for working remotely, I’ve got you covered.