These moving on quotes can be just the motivation you need to take that first step and move in a positive direction.
It can be difficult to move on from a past relationship, a job you hate, or even a place that you have called home for years.
It feels like everything in the world is conspiring against you and moving on seems impossible. But it’s not.
The truth is that these quotes on moving on will help you see that nothing can stop you from taking control of your life and moving forward.
So take a deep breath, think positively, and get inspired by these quotes to start making progress towards the life of your dreams.
And when you’re done, also check out our compilation of our keep trying quotes.
Best moving on quotes to live by
1. “In three words I can sum up everything I’ve learned about life: it goes on.” – Robert Frost
2. “The greatest win is walking away and choosing not to engage in drama and toxic energy at all.” – Lalah Delia
3. “Moving on means we have to protect ourselves.” – Jojo Moyes
4. ”Girls you’ve gotta know when its time to turn the page.” – Tori Amos
5. “Let go. Why do you cling to pain? There is nothing you can do about the wrongs of yesterday. It is not yours to judge. Why hold on to the very thing which keeps you from hope and love?” – Leo Buscaglia
6. “If you can’t do anything about it then let it go. Don’t be a prisoner to things you can’t change.” – Tony Gaskins
7. “Moving on is a simple thing. What it leaves behind is hard.” – Dave Mustaine
8. “If you’re brave enough to say goodbye, life will reward you with a new hello.” – Paulo Coelho
9. “If you can dance and be free and not be embarrassed, you can rule the world.” – Amy Poehler
10. “Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.” – Arthur Ashe
Most inspiring quotes about moving on
11. “Forget what hurt you but never forget what it taught you.” – Shannon L. Adler
12. “It happens to everyone as they grow up. You find out who you are and what you want, and then you realize that people you’ve known forever don’t see things the way you do. So you keep the wonderful memories, but find yourself moving on.” – Nicholas Sparks
13. “One of the most courageous decisions you’ll ever make is to finally let go of what is hurting your heart and soul.” – Brigitte Nicole
14. “Let today be the day you learn the grace of letting go and the power of moving on.” – Steve Maraboli
15. “Dare to be brave. Move out of your old house and leave everything behind to start anew. You’ll be surprised at the great things in life will have in store for you.” – Unknown
16. “If we were meant to stay in one place, we’d have roots instead of feet.” – Rachel Wolchin
17. “If we fail to adapt, we fail to move forward.” – John Wooden
18. “The first step towards getting somewhere is to decide that you are not going to stay where you are.” – Unknown
19. “Accept yourself, love yourself and keep moving forward. If you want to fly, you have to give up what weighs you down.” – Roy T. Bennett
20. “Anything you can’t control is teaching you how to let go.” – Jackson Kiddard
21. “It’s sad, but sometimes moving on with the rest of your life starts with goodbye.” – Carrie Underwood
Moving on quotes about relationships
22. “When someone leaves, it’s because someone else is about to arrive – I’ll find love again.” – Paulo Coehlo
23. “You must make a decision that you are going to move on. It won’t happen automatically. You will have to rise up and say, I don’t care how hard this is. I don’t care how disappointed I am, I’m not going to let this get the best of me. I’m moving on with my life.” – Joel Osteen
24. “Cry. Forgive. Learn. Move on. Let your tears water the seeds of your future happiness.” – Steve Maraboli
25. “When it hurts to move on, just remember the pain you felt hanging on.” – Unknown
26. “Never chase love, affection or attention. If it isn’t given freely by another person, it isn’t worth having.” – Unknown
27. “A very wise man once told me that you can’t look back – you just have to put the past behind you, and find something better in your future.” – Jodi Picoult
28. “You can’t start a new chapter in your life if you keep re-reading the last one.” – Suzy Kassem
29. “The most difficult aspect of moving on is accepting that the other persona already did.” – FaraazKaz
30. “Nothing in the universe can stop you from letting go and starting over.” – Guy Finley
31. “Even though you may want to move forward in your life, you may have one foot on the brakes. In order to be free, we must learn how to let go. Release the hurt. Release the fear. Refuse to entrertain your old pain. The energy it takes to hang onto the past is holding you back from a new life. What is it you would let go of today?” – Mary Manin Morrissey
32. “Revenge is surviving, getting out and being a better person than you were, and breaking the cycle.” – Kristy Green
33. “Sometimes you have to move on without certain people. If they’re meant to be in your life, they’ll catch up.” – Mandy Hale
Short moving on quotes that get right to the point
34. “Dare to live by letting go.” – Tom Althouse
35. “What’s coming is better than what’s gone.” – Unknown
36. “When the heart truly understands, it lets go of everything.” – Ajahn Chah
37. “You will evolve past certain people. Let yourself.” – Mandy Hale
38. “Life moves on and so should we.” – Spencer Johnson
39. “Life is either a great adventure or nothing.” – Helen Keller
40. “Don’t let yesterday take up too much of today.” – Will Rogers
41. “Every sunset is an opportunity to reset.” – Richie Norton
42. “I demolish my bridges behind me…then there is no choice but to move forward.” – Fridtjof Nansen
43. “The trouble is, you think you have time.” – Buddha
44. “You do not find the happy life. You make it.” – Camilla Eyring Kimball
45. “Seize the day, then let it go.” – Marty Rubin
46. “Keep the faith, keep on moving. Keep climbing.” – Miley Cyrus
47. “Forget the past.” – Nelson Mandela
48. “Making a big life change is pretty scary. But know what’s even scarier? Regret.” – Zig Ziglar
Quotes about moving on in life when you want change
49. “You can’t connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future. You have to trust in something – your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever. This approach has never let me down, and it has made all the difference in my life.” – Steve Jobs
50. “Change has to come for life to struggle forward.” – Helen Hollick
51. “There is no passion to be found playing small – in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living.” – Nelson Mandela
52. “Letting go means to come to the realization that some people are a part of your history, but not a part of your destiny.” – Steve Maraboli
53. “Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened.” – Dr. Seuss
54. “Happiness is letting go of what you think your life is supposed to look like and celebrating it for everything that it is.” – Mandy Hale
55. “The great courageous act that we must all do, is to have the courage to step out of our history and past so that we can live our dreams.” – Oprah Winfrey
56. “While we wait for life, life passes.” – Seneca
57. “Life is always moving, changing, shifting into it’s next shape. The movement is natural. It is how we evolve. Let the shifts happen. Take responsibility for yourself each step of the way. Trust the new shape and form your world.” – Melody Beattie
I hope you found these moving on quotes both inspiring and helpful as you continue on your journey.
No matter what is going on in your life, you are not alone. Life is constantly changing and presenting us with opportunities to grow.
Take time to reflect on what has happened and make space for the new possibilities that await you.
Let go of the past and embrace the unknown, it can be a beautiful journey if you let it.
Moving forward doesn’t mean forgetting, but instead recognizing all that has been learned and growing from it.
The best way to move forward is to always trust our own capacity for change and growth, no matter how challenging the situation may seem.
Life is unpredictable but we can choose how we respond to any given situation. By taking responsibility for ourselves we open up a world of possibility.
Don’t be afraid to take a leap and trust that everything will work out as it should. You never know what is waiting for you on the other side.
Helping people and eating tacos are my jam! This blog exists to help provide tips and resources that can help you achieve your goals and live a better life. Whether you’re looking for tips on personal growth, fitness, advice on starting a side hustle, or resources for working remotely, I’ve got you covered.