Winning is an incredible feeling and a great accomplishment, no matter what the context may be.
Whether it’s winning in sports, business, or life in general, there’s something special about achieving success and being able to look back on your journey with pride.
To celebrate this feeling of victory, I have compiled some of the best quotes for winners out there.
From inspiring words by famous athletes to thought-provoking statements from successful entrepreneurs, these quotes will help you stay motivated and inspired as you strive toward your own goals.
So read on for this collection of inspirational quotes to remind you that anything is possible when you have the courage to pursue your dreams.
Inspiring quotes for winners
1. ”In life, winning and losing will both happen. What is never acceptable is quitting.” – Magic Johnson
2. “Everyone has a will to win but very few have the will to prepare to win.” – Vince Lombardi
3. “Every mountain top is within reach if you just keep climbing.” – Barry Finlay
4. “Winning means you’re willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else.” – Vince Lombardi
5. “You learn more from losing than winning. You learn how to keep going.” – Morgan Wooten
6. “You were born to win.” – Zig Ziglar
7. “Never change a winning game; always change a losing one.” – Bill Tilden
8. “If you don’t see yourself as a winner, then you cannot perform as a winner.”– Zig Ziglar
9. “Winners are born, champions are made.” – Robert Falcon Scott
10. “Winners focus on winning. Losers focus on winners.” – Eric Thomas
11. “If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride – and never quit, you’ll be a winner. the price of victory is high but so are the rewards.” – Bear Bryant
12. “Champions are made from something they have deep inside of them – a desire, a dream, a vision.”– Mahatma Gandhi
13. “If you consistently surround yourself with winners, winning would become the only option in all your endeavors.” – Edmond Mbiaka
14. “The only way to prove that you’re a good sport is to lose.” – Ernie Banks
Motivational winner’s quotes to boost your drive when you’re feeling defeated
15. “A champion is defined not by their wins, but how they can recover when they fall.” – Serena Williams
16. “Winning is not everything, but the effort to win is.” – Zig Ziglar
17. “The determination to win is the better part of winning.” – Daisaku Ikeda
18. “Winning is a state of mind that embraces everything you do.” – Bryce Courtenay
19. “Winners use words that say ‘must’ and ‘will’.– Jordan Belfort
20. “Winning is only half of it. Having fun is the other half.” – Bum Phillips
21. “Winning is a habit.” – Led Durocher
22. “Winning doesn’t always mean being first. Winning means you’re doing better than you’ve done before.”– Bonnie Blair
23. “Competing at the highest level is not about winning. It’s about preparation, courage, understanding, nurturing your people, and heart. Winning is the result.” – Joe Torre
24. “Success is won by those who believe in winning and then prepare for that moment.” – Herb Brooks
25. “I’ve grown most not from victories, but setbacks. If winning is God’s reward, then losing is how he teaches us.” – Serena Williams
26. “Winning and losing isn’t everything; sometimes, the journey is just as important as the outcome.” – Alex Morgan
27. “It is never too late to be what you might have been.” – George Eliot
28. “Winners take time to relish their work, knowing that scaling the mountain is what makes the view from the top so exhilarating.” – Denis Waitley
29. “A champion isn’t made of muscle; a champion is made of heart.”– Liang Chow
30. “Sometimes you learn more from losing than winning. Losing forces you to reexamine.” – Pat Summit
31. “There are more important things in life than winning or losing a game.” – Lionel Messi
32. “There’s no success without failure and no winning without losing.” – Pitbull
Famous winning quotes
33. “Winning isn’t everything, it’s the only thing.” – Vince Lombardi
34. “A winner is a dreamer who never gives up.” – Nelson Mandela
35. “Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths.”– Arnold Schwarzenegger
36. “The difference in winning and losing is most often… not quitting.” – Walt Disney
37. “The thing a player has to ask himself: ‘Do you want to choose winning over standing out?’ Dwayne Wade made that choice, and I don’t think he gets enough credit.” – Doc Rivers
38. “Take risks in your life. If you win, you can lead. If you lose, you can guide.” – Swami Vivekananda
39. “First they ignore you, then laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” – Mahatma Gandhi
40. “Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or lose.” – Lyndon B. Johnson
41. “In a gentle way, you can shake the world.” – Mahatma Gandhi
42. “I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying.” – Michael Jordan
43. “If you even dream of beating me, you’d better wake up and apologize.” – Muhammad Ali
44. “Your victory is right around the corner. Never give up.” – Nicki Minaj
45. “To win any battle, you must fight as if you are already dead.” – Miyamoto Musashi
46. “Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.” – George S. Patton
47. “Run when you can, walk if you have to, crawl if you must; just never give up.”– Dean Karnazes
48. “You will face many defeats in life, but never let yourself be defeated.” – Maya Angelou
49. “Forever is composed of NOWS.” – Emily Dickinson
50. “Winning takes talent, to repeat takes character.” – John Wooden
51. “Through perseverance, many people win success out of what seemed destined to be certain failure.” – Benjamin Disraeli
52. “Success is most often achieved by those who don’t know that failure is inevitable.” – Coco Chanel
53. “I will do whatever it takes to win games, whether it is sitting on a bench waving a towel, handing a cup of water to a teammate, or hitting the game-winning shot.” – Kobe Bryant
Mindset winning quotes
54. “The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else.” I hate that.”– Arnold Schwarzenegger
55. “Everything is hard before it’s easy.” – Goethe J.W.
56. “With confidence, you have won before you have started.” – Marcus Garvey
57. “I never lose. I either win or learn.” – Nelson Mandela
58. “How you think when you lose determines how long it will be until you win.” – Gilbert Keith Chesterton
59. “Don’t worry about failure. Worry about the chance you miss when you don’t even try.” – Sherman Finesilver
60. “You can’t win in life if you are losing your mind.” – Tony A. Gaskins
61. “Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.” – Thomas Edison
62. “It is the power of the mind to be unconquerable.” – Seneca
63. “The greatest win is walking away and choosing not to engage in drama and toxic energy at all.” – Lalah Delia
64. “If my mind can conceive it, if my heart can believe it, then I can achieve it.” – Muhammad Ali
65. “The best way to treat obstacles is to use them as stepping stones. Laugh at them, tread on them, and let them lead you to something better.” – Enid Blyton
66. “Success is not final, failure is not fatal; it is the courage to continue that count.” – Winston Churchill
67. “Do one thing every day that scares you.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
68. “I’m a comeback waiting to happen. No one deserves it more than I do.” – Sean Young
69. “No matter how many mistakes you make or how slow you progress, you’re still way ahead of everyone who isn’t trying.”– Tony Robbins
70. “Hard work beats talent when talent refuses to work hard.” – Kevin Durant
71. “Whatever we believe about ourselves and our ability comes true for us.” – Susan L. Taylor
Final thoughts about these winner quotes
These inspiring winner quotes show that success is not something to be achieved overnight, but rather a journey of hard work and determination.
Whatever your goals may be, these words can help guide you on the path to achieving them.
Even when it seems like all hope is lost, never give up!
With perseverance and courage, you will eventually get to where you are going.
So remember that no matter how many mistakes are made or how slow progress may seem, keep going.
Because in the end, the effort and work you put in now, will always pay off!
Helping people and eating tacos are my jam! This blog exists to help provide tips and resources that can help you achieve your goals and live a better life. Whether you’re looking for tips on personal growth, fitness, advice on starting a side hustle, or resources for working remotely, I’ve got you covered.