If you are someone who is struggling to achieve your goals, then today’s collection of self discipline quotes may be just what you need.
Self discipline is having the ability to control your thoughts, feelings and actions, especially in difficult or trying situations.
Really, its what makes the biggest difference between success and failure.
We’ve highlighted some of the best discipline quotes to motivate and inspire you to go hard in attaining your goals.
Best Self Discipline Quotes To Live By
1. “Self discipline is when your conscience tells you to do something and you don’t talk back.” – W.K. Hope
2. “Motivation gets you going, but discipline keeps you growing.” – John C. Maxwell
3. “With self-discipline most anything is possible.” – Theodore Roosevelt
4. “Self discipline is the #1 delineating factor between the rich, the middle class, and the poor.” – Robert Kiyosaki
5. “Self discipline starts with the mastery of your thoughts. If you don’t control what you think, you can’t control what you do.” – Napoleon Hill
6. “Discipline is the bridge between your goals and accomplishments.” – Jim Rohn
7. “Discipline is choosing between what you want now and what you want most.” – Abraham Lincoln
8. “I think self discipline is something, it’s like a muscle. The more you exercise it, the stronger it gets.” – Daniel Goldstein
9. “Self discipline is the ability to make yourself do what you should do, when you should do it, whether you feel like it or not.” – Elbert Hubbard
10. “Respect your efforts, respect yourself. Self-respect leads to self-discipline. When you have both firmly under your belt, that’s real power.” – Clint Eastwood
11. “Without self-discipline, success is impossible, period.” – Lou Holtz
12. “A disciplined mind leads to happiness, and an undisciplined mind leads to suffering.” – Dalai Lama
13. “If we don’t discipline ourselves, the world will do it for us.” – William Feather
14. “Unless you change how you are, you will always have what you’ve got.” – Jim Rohn
15. “By constant self-discipline and self-control you can develop greatness of character.” – Grenville Kleise
16. “Discipline is your relationship with the time you have left.” – Barbara McNally
17. “Freedom is born of self-discipline. No individual, no nation, can achieve or maintain liberty without self-control. The undisciplined man or woman is a slave to his own weaknesses.” – Alan Valentine
18. “We are what we repeatedly do, excellence then is not an act, but a habit.” – Aristotle
19. “The more self discipline you have, the more you can do the things you should do, the happier your future self will be.” – Maxime Lagacé
Self Discipline Quotes For Happiness and Success
20. “Happiness is dependent on self discipline. We are the biggest obstacles to our own happiness. It is much easier to do battle with society and with others than to fight our own nature.” – Dennis Prager
21. “The first and best victory is to conquer self.” – Plato
22. “That aim in life is highest which requires the highest and finest discipline.” – Henry David Thoreau
23. “Discipline with will power is most dangerous.” – Nitin Named
24. “At the center of bringing any dream into fruition is self-discipline.” – Will Smith
25. “Self-discipline is about taking charge of your mind and directing it to act in the best interest of yourself.” – Gaur Gopal Das
26. “Self-discipline is an act of cultivation. It requires you to connect today’s actions to tomorrow’s results. There’s a season for sowing and a season for reaping. Self-discipline helps you know which is which.” – Gary Ryan Blair
27. “Discipline is the strongest form of self-love. It is ignoring current pleasures for bigger rewards to come. It’s loving yourself enough to give yourself everything you’ve ever wanted.” – Unknown
28. “Discipline is what you must have to resist the lure of excuses.” – Brian Tracy
29. “It’s a lot more than mind over matter. It takes relentless self discipline to schedule suffering into your day, every day.” – David Goggins
30. “The person who masters himself through self control and discipline is truly undefeatable.” – Buddha
31. “Never give up. Believe behave and you will become.” – Jennifer Pierre
32. “We all have dreams. But in order to make dreams come into reality, it takes an awful lot of determination, dedication, self discipline, and effort.” – Jesse Owens
33. “Be miserable or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it’s always your choice.” – Wayne Dyer
34. “No life ever grows great until it is focused, dedicated, disciplined.” – Harry Emerson Fosdick
35. “You are strong, confident, and motivated.” – Unknown
36. “If I want to be great, I have to win the victory over myself… Self discipline.” – Harry S. Truman
Motivational Self Discipline Quotes
37. “The price of excellence is discipline. The cost of mediocrity is disappointment.” – William Arthur Ward
38. “To be prepared is half the victory.” – Miguel De Cervantes
39. “Discipline is refining the fire by which talent becomes ability.” – Roy L. Smith
40. “The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity.” Amelia Earhart
41. “It’s not the load that breaks you down, it’s the way you carry it.” – Lou Holtz
42. “Success is a matter of understanding and religiously practicing specific simple habits that always lead to success.” – Robert J. Ringer
43. “People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing – that’s why we recommend it daily.” – Zig Ziglar
44. “Winners embrace hard work. They love the discipline of it, the trade-off they’re making to win. Losers on the hand, see it as a punishment. And that’s the difference.” – Lou Holtz
45. “You must find the place inside of yourself where nothing is impossible.” – Deepak Chopra
46. “If you wish to be out front, then act as if you were behind.” – Lao Tzu
47. “Self discipline is the magic power that makes you virtually unstoppable.” – Dan Kennedy
48. “He who lives in harmony with himself lives in harmony with the universe.” – Marcus Aurelius
49. “True freedom is impossible without a mind made free by discipline.” – Mortimer J. Adler
50. “We do today what they won’t so tomorrow we can accomplish what they can’t.” – Dwayne Johnson
51. “Nothing will work unless you do.” – Maya Angelou
52. “When a man is sufficiently motivated, discipline will take care of itself.” – Albert Einstein
53. “The more disciplined you become, the easier life gets.” – Steve Pavlina
Which self discipline quotes resonated with you the most?
The ultimate test of self-discipline is to make a decision, and then stick with it. Being disciplined means being able to take the right action even when you don’t feel like doing so for any number of reasons.
It’s about being strong-willed and determined about achieving your goals no matter what anyone says or does. Get at it!
Which self discipline quotes were your favorite? Let us know in the comments.
Helping people and eating tacos are my jam! This blog exists to help provide tips and resources that can help you achieve your goals and live a better life. Whether you’re looking for tips on personal growth, fitness, advice on starting a side hustle, or resources for working remotely, I’ve got you covered.